Tuesday, September 7, 2010

quilt tops...

I have been busy, busy, the last week or so, but don't have any "finishes" to show for it! :o) First off, I am working on this memory quilt for a customer. Here is the quilt top. Alot of t-shirt fronts, sweater pieces, even pieces of an old comforter! And then squares of cottons that just show faves of the gal. Finished up the top yesterday. She wants Minky on the back, so the "batting" will just be a flat sheet. Some hand-quilting (around the things "added" to the top) and then tied in the corners of the blocks. (per the customer's request.) I have a hard time making things like this, because I want everything to be match-y, but I like the finished effect... :o)


And here is a quilt top that I finished for Laurie (Indulge Your Shelf). She designed the quilt, and added her son's Cub Scout patches to the gold fabric in the shape of a Fleur De Lis. Then she sent me all the fabrics. I cut out the gold and added it onto the blue, and then the borders. And then appliqued the gold stars. She is going to hand-quilt it and add a few more of her son's patches to it, for a memory quilt to display. :o) I was very excited to be a part of this quilt! :o)

Hope you all are having a good week! I hope to be back soon with some finishes! :o)

6 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

Angela, you've been busy! It's great to be back to having some time to blog hop and admire everyone's work!

Vivian said...

Both are great memory quilts. How fun to be involved with them. These are the best quilts -- the personal ones.

Béa said...

Wow, very different from what you made usually ! You have been very busy.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Very different and very unique!

Shirley said...

I love that T-Shirt quilt! The patches on top are so unique to any I've ever seen. You did a great job. The patchy effect for something like this is perfect.

Shutterbugs said...

Oh, you know I love that Scout quilt!!!!! Very nice!