Monday, September 27, 2010

fun things... :o)

Lots of fun things to show in this post... :o) First off, this BEAUTIFUL little wallhanging came from Beatrice in France - I won a little contest on her blog a little while back, and this gorgeous wallhanging was my prize! Her hand-quilting is SO nice! I have it hanging above my sewing machine! :o)
This weekend was the 42nd Annual "Apple and Pork Festival" here in our town... :o) We only live down the street from the main attraction, "The Homestead", an 1860's mansion that is now a historical landmark. Here is Jimmy showing you a few of the goodies I had to get - a *Ball jar* of old shell buttons and a lovely crocheted doily.
Here is the same doily, along with another one that I got. Can you believe I only paid $3.25 total for BOTH doilies! It was my lucky day!
And here is my current sewing project... A double wedding ring quilt for my sister, from my mom. Mom bought a pre-cut kit and I am doing the sewing and will be hand-quilting it... :o)
Hope you all are having a good day! Thanks so much for stopping by! :o)

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Pretty doilies,I love greens can't wait to see your wedding ring quilt progress .

Shirley said...

The doilies are gorgeous, especially the larger one. I hope that quilt doesn't take as long as mine did. Mine still isn't finished. Very pretty colours.

Piece by Piece said...

Green is my favorite colour, can't wait to see the wedding ring quilt.
Patricia

Vivian said...

Goodies from the sale -- all the more special with Jimmy adding his personal approval in the picture. He may be a "Where's Waldo" feature in your blog soon. Find Jimmy (whether his smiling face or him holding a lime green toy). He is such a cutie and looks like a bundle of energy!
The little Q you won is a small version of the quilt-along quilt that Lori from Humble Quilts led us in some months back. Isn't it a great pattern? You have a real beauty there! Her fabric selection is lovely. Congrat's on your win.

Enjoy working on the wedding ring Q. That's not on my list of quilts to make--it looks too daunting to me. But I used to think the same about working with hexagons; now I'm knee deep in hexagon flowers. We just grow and mature. Those green fabrics are stunning! I'll enjoy watching your progress.

Becky said...

The wall hanging is super special! I love seeing Jimmy's smiling face....makes me smile too. The wedding ring will be beautiful. Can't wait to see it!

Béa said...

I love the old shell buttons jar and wanted for long time to make a DWR quilt, perhaps one day....

Vesuviusmama said...

Buttons, doilies, wallhangings - definitely fun things! I look forward to seeing the Double Wedding Ring. Until very recently, green was my favorite color. I think now, after 39 years, however, my new favorite color is ORANGE!!!

Annette said...

That's great that you can do a double wedding ring quilt. Someday I will get brave and try it. Congratulations on a great win from Beatrice. And you are lucky to find a jar of shell buttons. Those are my favorite and I keep a collection of them to enjoy.

Laurie said...

Oh, a beautiful prize! I'm glad you won! A whole jar of shell buttons! Lucky you! You and I will both be hand quilting this winter, huh!