Thursday, December 10, 2009

Boy Scouts and quilt finish

I finally remembered to take a photo of David in his full Boy Scout uniform the other night. Gotta love a guy in uniform! He was going to a City Council meeting, where one of our local scouts was receiving an award. David has 7 merit badges on his sash, with 3 more badges coming. He has been in Scouts since first grade, and still loves it. (For those that are not familiar with Scouts, you start as a Cub Scout in first grade, then during fifth grade, they *cross over* to Boy Scouts. David crossed over to Boy Scouts in February 2009.) I am proud of him! (Oh and he got a much-needed hair cut the day after this pic! HA!) This was a quilt that I just finished up for a customer, she is giving it as a Christmas gift. It was alot easier than it looks, and has 5 borders, which added to the size quickly, with alot of visual interest. I love the way the blocks create a secondary pattern. :o)
I am working on a little flannel quilt for us now. I had a couple of *Kiddie Christmas* flannel charm packs, and found some additional yardage, and am making a little throw for on the couch. It is going to be yummy - I love flannel! :o) Hopefully I will have a picture to show soon. We are baking Christmas cookies over the weekend, so that may delay the quilt some... :o)
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Hazel said...

David looks so smart in his uniform ,good for him.
What a pretty quilt ,the owner will love it .The borders set of the blocks perfectly .

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Congrats to your son. I am glad he is staying with the scouting.He looks just like you. The quilt is very pretty. I too love flannel and I should make a flannel quilt. I made my daughter some flannel pillow cases she wanted and thought why don't I do this for me?

My name is Riet said...

THat is a handsome ypung man in uniform Angela. I love your quilt. Great colours. Wow, yes that is a big tree but lovely. I locve that picture of little Jimmy sleeping

Cornfield Quilter said...

What a handsome young man, and kudos to him! You have every right to be so proud of him. Looks like you have been very busy and I love the quilt! It is just gorgeous! Harvest is finally over so now I can enjoy all my favorite blogs and see what everyone is up to. Have a wonderful weekend! :D

Laurie said...

Oh that quilt came out just lovely -- I like the color scheme. And your son looks great! He is already ahead of my Ben in merit badges! He works fast! Kudos to him!

Shirley said...

David looks great in his uniform. Congrats to him on all his badges! I love that quilt. The colours are gorgeous and I really like that pattern.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great looking scout! We loved scouting too~ my boys both earned their eagles. :-) They grow so fast!
Very pretty quilt too, love the colors.