Friday, October 30, 2009

October 30, 2009

Two years ago today, my Dad passed away. These two years have been the hardest of my life. I am SO thankful that I have Jim, by my side through all this. I couldn't have made it through this without him.

I would like to introduce you to Teddy. When I was 6, I was in the hospital for eye surgery. I got out of the hospital on my 7th birthday. My Dad hated hospitals. He came to see me, but could never stay more than a few minutes. (I am sure it did not help seeing his baby getting surgery.) But he brought me this bear. This makes Teddy 32 years old. I LOVE teddy bears. I still have my two favorites from when I was a kid, Teddy and Brownie (I will show him some other time.) Teddy is well loved, as you can see. I just had to replace his feet paws because the one lost all its fabric and the stuffing came out. I love Teddy.

As promised, here is my Psalms 23 bracelet, that I received from Tricia at Notes of Sincerity. (If you missed it, you can read about our exchange on my Gifts From Friends post.) This bracelet has been a comfort and came at exactly the right time. Thank you again, Tricia.

The Lord is my Shepherd, (white)
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green (green) pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters (blue),
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness (clear) for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (black)
I fear no evil; for You are with me,
Your rod and Your staff (brown) they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil (yellow); my cup overflows (purple).
Surely goodness and love (pink) will follow me all the days of my life;
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord (gold) forever.
Psalms 23
(Version from
Tricia's Etsy shop)

I love you Dad! I cannot believe it has been two years. I wish time could have stood still. I am glad the last time I saw you, you were happy, and that I told you that I loved you. And as always, you said *me too*.

7 comments:

Molly said...

Angela my heart goes out to you, I have been in the same place and I know how it hurts. I did what everybody told me to do and that was to keep thinking about the happy times we had together. That was nice but that wasn't what I wanted. I wanted a hug from Daddy. I know it was impossible but I just wanted to feel him hold me one more time. So you do the correct thing and think about the happy memories and tell your children funny stories about things you did together. Then when you are alone wrap your arms around yourself and say, "This hug is for you Daddy." That got me through some rough times and you will make it also, you are a strong person and you will survive this. Take care of yourself

Becky said...

Bless your heart, Angela. I just went through the first anniversary of my Mom's death Wednesday and it was a day full of thoughts and memories. Our faith will help us through. Love and prayers.

Laurie said...

Angela, I know just how you feel. My dad's been gone 10 years now and I still miss him...but it's better than it was those first few years. I would get so sad whenever our apricot trees bloomed, because my dad loved them so much and he was always checking on them, waiting for the fruit. It's amazing how that love never goes away. Hugs.

Hazel said...

I to know how you feel my heart breaks for you ,Molly gave you some good advice think of all the happy times and little things your dad did to make you smile .When I get blue I know Dad would never want to me to feel that way ,that helps me to cheer up and carry on .

Khris said...

My thoughts are with you Angela...it took me 5 years to not cry when my dad died....I cried every time I spoke of him or thought of him...its not easy but we all know that life moves on even with our pain...hugs Khris

trish said...

Hi Angela.
I posted about our trade yesterday. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Vesuviusmama said...

It's been 4 1/2 years since my dad died, and I still cry. It breaks my heart that he never got to meet his grandson, who was born three weeks after he died. I still talk to him, not out loud, but in my head and in my heart. One of his favorite songs was "I'm Already There" by Lonestar(?), and while the lyrics make me cry, I pretend he is saying those words to me, and it is true, he is still in my life every day, just as I am sure your father is in your life. I believe that one day, we will see each other again.