Monday, January 30, 2012

not perfect, but done!


It's not perfect, but it's done! :o) This quilt is what's been taking up my time for the last couple of months.... LONG story, but basically, it was a precut quilt that my Mom bought and asked me to put together. I actually started with a green colored kit (same pattern) but unfortunately, it was a poorly cut kit, and even after carefuly piecing there was no way those diamonds were going to fit together! So this pink/purple version is actually kit number 2! It went together better, but certainly not perfectly. I ended up making the center star and center ring and then applique-ing it to a large white sheet. Then some hand quilting. It's about 82" square. I like it, pretty much, but boy am I glad it's done! :o)

8 comments:

Barb said...

WOW!!!! Look fantastic!!

Hazel said...

Amazing you did a great job .

Marianne said...

Angela, it's gorgeous! Glad you were able to work on one with a little pink in it!

Laurie said...

Oh, don't you hate that?! But it turned out nice and now, you're done!!

Béa said...

I'm sorry you have so much troubles, I hate dealing with poor supplies !
But you did a great job, bravo XXX

Karen said...

Good work. I find Lone Star quilt designs very interesting. This is sort of a split design. Nice.

~JoAnn~ said...

Angela~Love the quilt that some time to get it done. I went to start sewing my new purse yesterday and with the first stitch my needle broke and so now I am not in the mood to even look at my machine :(, HOpe you are having a good week so far. Me not so much don't ya know with this whole needle thing...:)
Blessings, Joann

donna said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I know what you mean about the diamonds. I did a star diamond quilt 1 time. They take like 10 years off your life. Just remember happiness is homemade.
Hugs
donna