Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feathered Star - So Far...


I'm using some of the wonderful Pristine fabrics to make a Feathered Star block. A customer wants a small quilt with these blocks, and I thought I should try the pattern out before I cut into her fabrics... It will be the "Feathered Star with Sunflower Center" in Marsha McCloskey's "Feathered Star Quilt Blocks I" book. So far, pretty good... :o) This is actually 4 corner squares, and 4 set in triangles, at this point. It's supposed to finish to an 18-1/2" square block. (I think mine may end up a little small, but I figure as long as it's square, who cares, right?!) I am going to applique my "Sunflower Center" to mine, rather than setting in the circle... I will keep you posted on how it goes... :o)

4 comments:

Barb said...

You will do a fabulous job, this is awesome!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I have never felt brave enough to do one of those but I do love them.

Béa said...

Beautiful so far, I made not Feathered Star this way but can't wait to see the end !

Pat from Florida said...

Pretty, pretty!