Friday, August 27, 2010

Scouts

A friend of David's is having his Eagle Scout Court of Honor this weekend. This is the gift we made for him. I stitched the eagle on the embroidery machine - it almost took 2 hours to stitch! David and Jim made the frame...


Only about 2% of Boy Scouts become Eagle Scouts. Quite an accomplishment! David gets to be part of the ceremony, which he is very excited about! I'm very proud of David, and glad that he is on his way to becoming an Eagle Scout, just like Wyatt!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love it....it's beautiful! I have a friend whose son has just completed his Eagle Scout requirements.....and his name is Wyatt!!! What a chuckle!

Cornfield Quilter said...

Wonderful gift for a wonderful accomplishment! I am sure David is looking forward to that accomplishment too. Kudos to all!!

Laurie said...

It is amazing -- was he thrilled?

Shutterbugs said...

Wow, that's beautiful!!!!! I have a cross-stitched pattern of the Eagle Scout award that I was going do for my son, but it was too time-consuming by the time I remembered I had it. I'm sure Wyatt was thrilled!