Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nellie's Star - finished

I had almost all the hand-quilting done on my Nellie's Star quilt before I started working on the Baby Bunting quilt. Once that quilt was done, it didn't take me long to finish the quilting on this one. I just had the outside triangles left to quilt. I love, love, love this quilt. The colors and prints are so me... :o)
Here is a close-up of the quilting on the star.
And here is a close up of the quilting in the borders.
This quilt now resides on the back of the love-seat. I washed it after I was done quilting it, so it is wrinkly wonderful! :o)
P.S. The pattern is "Nellie's Star" from the Sept/Oct 2010 issue of McCall's Quilting.

7 comments:

Hazel said...

I can see why you love this quilt ,it turned out sooooo pretty .The colors are gorgeous .I to like quilting 1/4 " from the seams it makes every thing stand out .Another great job Angela

Vivian said...

Hand quilting isn't something I do-- yet. I'm always impressed by the quilts that were stitched by patient hand quilters. This is just such a quilt. Lovely pattern, fabrics, and quilting.
Well done, Angela.

Laurie said...

Well, I am just so happy to see you keeping one of your creations! It's gorgeous!

Béa said...

Very successful, pattern, fabrics, quilting.
CONGRATS Angela, I really love it. XOXO

trish said...

Good Morning Angela. :o)
Your quilt is so beautiful!
I love your hand quilting.
I hope you are having a wonderful week.
Sincerely - Trish

Pat from Florida said...

Wow! It is soooo nice! The hand quilting really sets it off. Love it!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Angela, I love love love that quilt too!!!!