Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Boy Scout camp

David and Jim had a great time at Boy Scout camp last week. Our troop went to Tesomas, in northern Wisconsin, this year. (about a 7 hour drive). I think these pictures best show how good of a time David had:



Here is the basket that David made for me. He completed FOUR merit badges at camp: Basketry, Art, Archery and FingerPrinting.

He was also tapped for Order of the Arrow! (You can read some about it HERE.) I couldn't be more proud of David, he is growing up into a very nice young man. :o)

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Those photo's of David made me laugh and wonder what was so funny .Doesn't it do you heart good to see him laugh like that and to know he's going into a responsible young man .He did a great job on the basket I'm jealous.

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

I bet it was awesome for him! My brothers always LOVED boy scout camp. 4 merit badges, that's pretty awesome!! I love your basket...I hope you're displaying it proudly with fabric scraps or something fun :) :) :)

Shutterbugs said...

Great pics! Looks like David had a great time. And congrats to him making OA!!! The basket looks terrific--great job!

Laurie said...

What a cutie! I'm glad he's back all safe and sound! And what a lovely basket!

Pat from Florida said...

What a great basket to treasure always. David is such a cutie! Watch out girls!

Becky said...

Well how cute is that!! I am smiling myself right now! What a wonderful relationship he and Jim have....Jim is a fabulous man and now he is helping David become one too! I hope he is eyeing that Eagle for the future!

Cornfield Quilter said...

How proud you must be of him and rightly so! He will have to fight off those girls in a few more years. :D