Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day is an emotional day for me. On the one hand, I am a lucky lady, for my children have a wonderful Dad. I couldn't ask for anything more for my kids. Jim came into our lives when the trio were about 5 years old and anyone that didn't know, would never know that he isn't their *real* dad. (The trio are 11 now, so he has been here for most of their lives at this point.) And what is a real dad anyways? I think Jim is more of a real dad to the trio than anyone else. And then Jimmy came along... Which just added to the joy of our family!

And on the other hand, Father's Day makes me sad. I lost my Dad to a heart attack, a little over a year and half ago. I still miss him desperately. It has been harder than I ever could have imagined, and I am still not sure that *it gets better*. I was the youngest girl of three, and Dad was the one person I could always count on. He never judged, he just loved me. Jim is alot like my Dad. :o)

So Happy Father's Day to my dear husband, Jim, and Happy Father's Day to my Dad.

4 comments:

CapLady Molly said...

That was a very touching sentiment. I also think all 4 of the children are lucky to have such 2 great parents. Take care

Vesuviusmama said...

I understand your contining pain, Angela, as I suffer from it myself after 4 years since my father's death. How lucky you are to have Jim in your life.

Quilter said...

Hi Angela. My dad is actually not my 'real' dad. He met my mum when I was 5 and my brother was 3. They got married a year later and we moved in with him. Since then they have had their own son who is my little brother who is almost 10. It doesnt matter whats 'real' or not, its so much more than that. Like I said in my speech at my wedding in January, "Biology is the easy part. Its caring a raising children thats the hard part". Your man sounds just like that. Happy Fathers Day honey! Sam xox p.s I have a family photo of our wedding on my blog.

kwiltmakr said...

Yeah I know Angela, my Dad has been gone almost 25 years and I still miss him a lot, my brother too.