Monday, April 13, 2009

Knitting and Jimmy

I have been teaching myself to knit, and just finished my first scarf! If I make another one, I wont make it quite as wide. It was 39 stitches across. Knit 2, Purl 2 across, then Purl 1 for the last stitch. Made a nice ribbed look. I am quite pleased with my first project! :o) The yarn was yummy - it is called Berry Burst. I used three skeins of the yarn for the length. (They were those small skeins.) I especially love any variegated yarn!

And because any time you have the camera out, Jimmy thinks you are gonna take a pic of him, here is Jimmy this morning... *Demolition Expert* fits him perfectly! :o)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

kwiltmakr said...

That yarn is yummie looking. My daughter taught herself to knit and made some fingerless mittens in some yummie verigated yarn.....gotta love that Jimmy!

Cornfield Quilter said...

Great job on the scarf! I love to knit, very relaxing, and am working on wash rags now. Small and quick and I can always use them. LOL

Auntie Em said...

Congratulaions on teaching yourself to knit! Your scarf looks really great.
Bonus Jimmy picture! Yay!