Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Antique Baskets

I am supposed to be working on hand quilting that Beachfront Cottage quilt - I have it all pinned and ready to go, but when I went to start on it on Sunday, my disappearing marker was dry! So I need to go up to the quilt shop and get a new one. The shop is closed Sunday and Monday, and today I spent most of the day on the couch with a migraine. (Can't stay in bed, because I still have to chase Jimmy around!)

But yesterday, since I could not work on the hand quilting, I made this *Antique Baskets* quilt top. It finishes to 19 inches square. It was a kit from Nauvoo Quilt Co. Some of the fabrics are actually scrap 1800's fabrics, and then the rest are reproductions. I just love it! It will be hand-quilted, but will have to wait until after the Beachfront Cottage quilt... :o)

Thanks for visiting! Hope you all are having a good day!

7 comments:

Béa said...

I love baskets, repro, beautiful work !
Hope you feel better today, take care of you.

Shirley said...

Very pretty Angela. I like the border fabric. Hope your migraine is gone. I used to have them and they're horrible.

trish said...

Good Morning. :o)
Your quilt square is beautiful.
I hope you are feeling better real soon.
Your friend. Trish

Pat from Florida said...

Oh my gosh! It's just gorgeous! Best cure for a migraine, IMHO, is to go to sleep and hope it's gone when you wake up. Mine usually are. Of course chasing Jimmy while sleeping doesn't work!

Vesuviusmama said...

Baskets and stars are my absolute favorite blocks. Yours are lovely.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

That is so nice Angela.

Unknown said...

great blog and works. hugs from Italy